lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Environment

CUCM 10.5.2

Jabber for Windows 11.8.2.50390

Jabber for Mac 11.8.0.249632

1) 2nd line -

In CUCM the configuration for either jabber will allow me to add a 2nd line to the phone,,  but when I launch my jabber I do not see the second line.

In CUCM  (on device page) to the left is Association and lists the Lines on the phone.   The 2nd line shows under 'unassigned association items".  If I click on Modify Button items , the page that is brought up will not allow me to move the 2nd line to the to the 'associated items'  - get a pop up window that stated I have to remove the item in the 'associated items' in order to move this 2nd line over.

this is the same for both Mac or Windows jabbers that I have configured.

I am doing something incorrect to configure OR does jabber not allow a second line ?

2) extension mobility

I dont see where I can add a  service  such as for extension mobility,  I use EM for my agents  and was hoping they could log in like they can the desk phones or the Cisco Ip Communicator  since Finesse does not like 2 'devices'.

Is this possible, if so can you give me some advice on configuring.

10 Replies 10

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1.The button item template you are using contains two extensions, this does not imply Jabber can have two extensions however. Jabber can only have one extension at a time, 

2.  once you configure  phone, in CUCM, got to the phone configuration, than top right, pull down the menu (related links) and choose "subscribe services"

Please rate if helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

thanks for the update on the inability to have a 2nd line on a jabber for Windows or Mac.

Kind of stinks !

For the Extension Mobility - which I use extensively currently with desk phones and CIPC - the Jabber Device does not give that as an option in the 'related links' where Subscribe Services is normally located.  I attached a screen shot of the jabber device and that pull down menu.

Just wondering if this is not allowed for jabber or is there another way to do it.

Ah OK, no, subscribe services does not work on CSF devices no,

why would you want to do that anyway?  

I have agents that work both at home and in the office. When in the office they use a desk phone  and at home they have been using Cisco IP Communicator.

We use Finesse which does not like the agent to have 2 devices associated to the rmjtapi user. So to get around that , we config the CIPC and Desk phones to have 'dummy numbers' , the agents then Login using EM, and the EM is the 'device' associated to the rmjtapi user.

Now agents are starting to get Mac laptops and the CIPC does not work on Mac.  So it looks as though they now have to use jabber all the time.

Jabber has some disadvantages / caveats that dont necessarily make  it  great choice.  This lack of EM is one of them, cant have a 2nd line, only works with Unity Connection, and can't have speed dials are the disadvantages I have found so far.

if it helps, you could add a Jabbe custom tab, to allow agent to log in and out of hunt groups:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12317601/enabling-hunt-group-pickup-tab-jabber-windows-client

All of your points are valid and have been pain points for years as Cisco has dragged their feet with multi-line support. I keep promising that it's coming in next release and then we find out it is pulled. I believe it will be supported in near feature once they work out some challenges with multi-line across MRA for what it's worth.

Semih Tigli
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I have a same issue because of not supporting shared line by uccx. Did you find a solution ?
Can jabber work with extension mobility?

The next release of Jabber, which will be shortly released, will have multi-line (given you meet the version requirements for it, once it's released, documentation will outline everything there is to know about this)

There is no EM for Jabber, it works with EM in conjunction with the IP Phones in order for you to be able to control them, but Jabber itself does not use EM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

FYI, I still have this issue with agents in CCE call centers.   We have the multi-line Jabber configured OK.....but the association to the application user in CUCM (the controlled devices) only works with either Jabber selected or with Extension Mobility selected....but never both.     Even if an agent is not logged into Jabber at all, but is logged into a desk phone OK with Extension Mobility, they cannot login to Finesse ("Device not accessible" error).  If I remove Jabber as a controlled device, then they can login to Finesse OK using Extension Mobility on a desk phone.

I opened a TAC case about this and they don't really have a solution.  The only suggestion was to give the agent a completely new new number on their Jabber config and use that new number to login to Finesse.

This is a bit frustrating since the old way of using EM on either a desk phone or CIPC used to work just fine.   Seems like Cisco went to Jabber but now we do not have the flexibility of agents logging in on a hardware or software phone as they choose.  This is an issue for companies who have mobile telecommuter agents.

Yes Cisco really falls short when it comes to usability and feature growth. There are other platforms out there that have greater flexibility, easier management, lower cost, and far better support. We are getting rid of Cisco across the board. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: