Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and Missed Call history

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

I am looking for and explanation or a document around expected behavior for how the Call Log works within the Jabber for Windows client. Our customers setup has Jabber for windows deployed in Deskphone Control mode, where the Jabber clients control a single physical phone. Predominantly a 7945 series phone. How in Sync is the "CALL HISTORY" (missed call, placed call, received call) lists within the Jabber client with the physical phone itself. Examples:

If we miss a call on the physical phone and Jabber is opened, we noticed that both the physical phone and Jabber client report a missing call.

If we miss a call and Jabber is closed, we notice the physical phone reports a missed call, but when Jabber sign's in the "MISSED Call" is not reported on the Jabber client. 

Is this expected behavior?

if anyone can provide context or has a document that explains the expected behavior this would be very helpful to me.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No sync, if Jabber is not registered, you won't see missed calls in its call history.

Yes, call history is only stored on phone.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, consider Jabber the same as a phone, if you unplug a phone from the network, or it's not registered, do you expect to see missed calls the phone never actually received??

No docs for this.

HTH

java

Jaime,

Just for clarity, I'm not talking about a CSF registered phone, I'm talking about Jabber running in Deskphone Control mode. So yes in a hopeful way I would expect the call history from the physical phones to be in sync since deskphone control is just remotely controlling the phone. I suppose the call history on a physical phone is likely stored locally on the phone itself and this is why they call logs do not remain in sync but i just wanted to confirm that this is a fact vs an assumption.

Thoughts?

Ryan

No sync, if Jabber is not registered, you won't see missed calls in its call history.

Yes, call history is only stored on phone.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

I tend to agree with you on this I believe it works the same way but wanted to reach out to the community to verify this is indeed the way it works.

Ryan

When I use Jabber to control my desk phone I have call history in my recents.

Jabber version 11.7.

I just tested this while T/S a end-user with the problem with recent calls not appearing.

This is not SOLVED.