Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

jabber assistance

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could assist me with Jabber deployment.

Scenario:

We are providers of a cloud based Email service. Basically All exchange servers are located in a resource forest and the client connect to it via outlook anywhere. Basically all exchange servers are located within this resource forest. The client has now decided to roll out jabber client and therefore wants IM and presence available via OWA. At this stage this is the only requirement. Later on it can be voice and video conferencing.

I have read http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/exchange/guide/MSExchange_Int/exchintintro.html

but still dont understand a few things. (please note, i am not a cisco guy, so network is a weak point. so please bear with me)

1. My understanding is that the Cisco device will talk to Gateway server (which will have exchange installed – with EWS) which will then proxy the connection to the mailbox server. Is this somewhat how jabber behaves? or Gateway server will have some kind app which will interact with Exchange - EWS?
  2. NTLM v1 is a pre-requisite. Our exchange servers are already configured with NTLM v2. Is there a newer version of jabber which might be able to talk on NTLM v2?
  3. the gateway server, does it need to be in cloud (resource forest) or it can be local to there IP phones are located.
  4. The document discusses about OS being Windows 2008 (SP1). Is this for the gateway server? I hope so because all of the exchange servers we have are on Windows 2008 R2

Basically need help in understanding how jabber interacts with exchange specially when users mailbox are in cloud.

regards

sac

Views
Helpful
Replies