Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Calendar integration

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am a little stuck with the callendar inetgration with Jabber.

When I DON'T create a EWS gateway in IM&P server, the status turns into a meeting when the person that is in meeting has his jabber client open. It seems that jabber client takes the information from Outlook and all other users can see that the person is in meeting. However when the person closes jabber, the status turns to unknown (no color)

When I follow the manual "Microsoft Exchange for IM and Prresence service on Unified Communicarion manager relase 9.1.1" I end up with an ESW gateway where "Exchange Server Status" for all three items is green.

Yet the status never changes to meeting even when I have jabber opened or closed, although I have scheduled a meeting.

CUCM 9.1.2

IM&P 9.1.1

Windows 2008R2

Exchange 2010 sp3

Outlook 2010

Windows 7

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Jan

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sadly, Cisco has moved to a client-side integration. None of the current Jabber clients allow you to toggle server-side calendar integration on for the user. You can see this in the Presence Viewer. This was a great feature, and an advantage over Lync IMO, but all of the current clients rely on a client-side data feed. You can still enable it in the Presence User webpage or by issuing this unsupported SQL stored procedure.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11587661/cup-864-and-enable-calendar-presence-status

Hello Jonathan,

I have enabled the calendar in the end-user page (off to on) but still this doesn't seem to work. I see everything green, and it should work I think, but the status doesn't change for a user that is in a meeting.

Where camn I troublseshoot this?

Thank you,

Jan