Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber can not connect to the softphone,

master002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could anyone help with Jabber issue  - cannot connect to the softphone?    Only one jabber client got this issue, others are working properly.

Thanks!

Laptop OS:   Windows 7

Jabber:          9.1

. Run "show connection status" on Jab:

Softphone - Unhealthy

Reason:Make sure your computer is connected to the network. If you are having problems connecting to the network contact your system administrator.

Address: 10.2.16.150 (CCMCIP)

Protocol: CCMCIP

. on CUCM8, the device(CSF) status and IP address are unknown

I captured the Jabber log. 

Master002

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Master002,

As per logs, client cannot ping the CCMCIP server 10.2.16.150 from this machine:

2013-04-18 12:32:49,852 INFO  [0x00000b1c] [ystemmonitor\src\NetworkMonitor.cpp(386)] [network-monitor] [NetworkMonitor::isIpAddressReachable] - Unable to ping [10.2.16.150]. Destination unreachable

ICMP Ping Request is required by Jabber to enable phone control.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the same user/pwd works on other computers, I'd think it's related to the windows config, there might be a firewall, antivirus, a program that's causing the problem, etc.

Something particular to that computer.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Master002,

As per logs, client cannot ping the CCMCIP server 10.2.16.150 from this machine:

2013-04-18 12:32:49,852 INFO  [0x00000b1c] [ystemmonitor\src\NetworkMonitor.cpp(386)] [network-monitor] [NetworkMonitor::isIpAddressReachable] - Unable to ping [10.2.16.150]. Destination unreachable

ICMP Ping Request is required by Jabber to enable phone control.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks for the reply.   The issue resolved by  updating  the user  Windows 7 account security level.     

I noticed the PING request failed, but were not aware that it was related.    Thank you for pointing out, Maqsood.

Just wonder if any document/link shows "   ICMP Ping Request

is required by Jabber to enable phone control. "     Is it a hidden requirement?  

Thanks again,

master001

amritesh.anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Master002,

I have the same issue. I am able to Ping CUCM server (CCMIP) from  my windows 7 PC but CCMIP status on jabber client is unknown.

CUCM - 9.1

CM and IM - 9.1

Jabber for windows - 9.2 installed on windows 7 with firewall disabled and no Anti Virus

Regrads,

Anand

Sorry Anand.     Is issue resolved?   

If not, could you capture the log?  or run show connection (sth. like this) from Jabber, let's see what goes wrong.

Master002