Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber cannot reach server

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Once again a question about jabber that cannot reach the server some how...

a did search on the forum for some answers and most of the time it's a dns issue.

however i use the default domain name so DOMAIN.NOT.SET in the jabber on my iphone and my laptop

on my iphone there is a dns address pointing to my cisco router that has a local lookup to the ip address of the precense server

(can ping it on name with a ping app) 

on my laptop i used the windows local.hosts file and made an entry pointing to the precense also pingable.

both jabber clients laptop version 10.6.0 and iphone version 11.6.1 not working and getting the message server not found.

i can logon to the callmanager with both clients.. but then no precense status off course.

both users are created on the callmanager and visable in the precense end users.. 

what can more be the issue??

thankss

21 Replies 21

if you have created the uds dns srv record then i would suggest , if you can enable option " use UDS for contact resolution " and then logout and login back.

this option will take highest priority and make CUCM server as directory source.

i did indeed.. however.. still nothing..

UDS for contact resolution is turned on.

but is the port 8443 correct?

still have the feeling there is something wrong in the srv records..

found a weblink from the cisco site and used a example changed it to my credentials:

_cuplogin._tcp.example.com SRV 0 1 8443 cup.example.com

_cuplogin._tcp.cup.com SRV 0 1 8443 cup.cup.com

looks to me... when you use this srv record the automatic netwerkservices are being found because the send it to the precense server that is responding to cup.com right?

but still no netwerkservices can be found... als when logged on.. the callmanager services cannot be used...

alright here is the process for your clarification.

Jabber --> DNS SRV Record ( cuplogin ) in your scenarion --> Presence server. Now once jabber reaches here to CUPS , it also needs to communicate to CUCM in order to work in full UC mode. So its in CUPS where we define the CUCM entry which jabber fetches.

so i can understand that you havn't specified ccmcip server and tftp server enteries in CUPS. Please add cucm server as ccmcip server and tftp server in cups. so once jabber will reach CUCM , it will download the csf.cnf file , SP and jabber-config xml file.

Hope this helps :)

did create a cisco-jabber.xml file with the directory services pointing to the ip address of the callmanager,uploaded this file in the tftp-server of the callmanager,reset the tftp services logged the jabbers clients off and on again and also did what you discribed above..

strange thing was that in de callmanager is a text telling this only is needed for jabber clients 8.x not true i thing... 

now it's working... can chat can make calls can search directory...

many thanks for you're great help!!!

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

By the way... i'm running an older version callmanager and precense 9.1.X are the newer jabber version backwards compatible? 

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you configured UC service for cti and imp and then assign it to uc profile and uc profile must be selected on end user page.

Suresh