Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jabber click to call and AD

Does jabber use windows AD for click to call functions?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Jabber click to call and AD

Jabber provides click to call from some apps such as outlook and limited word, I don't think anything else.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Chris. I am trying to understand if Jabber relies on windows AD when the click to call feature is activated......so if windows AD is down or inaccessable will click to call still work in Jabber.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Not sure I follow, click to call feature simply invokes a call to a selected phone number in Outlook which comes from Outlook address book --> AD, the call invokes CUCM to dial the telephone number. Is this what you are asking for?

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

We are a Lotus Notes shop right now migrating to Outlook very soon. In our current confiuguration CUPS communicates with MS AD for login purposes and contact look up information. So in our case there is no Outlook integration for click to call, but rather CSF files created for user profiles to leverage the UCM functions. We had a case where AD was in a state of instablity and some users reported click to call worked and others reported it did not. I am trying to understand if there is a direct need to do an AD lookup for click to call to work in this type of configuration that does not intergrate Outlook.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content