Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client (Android) - Device Type on CUCM8.5

Hello Team,

I  am trying to locate and donwload the "cmterm-android_8.6.2v17.cop.sgn"  file in order to make the "Cisco Dual Mode for Android" as an availiable  phone device type on the CUCM 8.5

Can you plese suggest where i can find this file?  Cisco suggests the following:

Go to the software download site: Jabber.png

The procedure is based on the attached document by Cisco. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

George

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The COP file has not been posted publiclly. You'll need to fill out the A2Q survey first:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11596/cisco_jabbe_android_a2q_survey.pdf

Dear Jonathan,thanks for the reply.

However, it seems strange to me that we need to fill out the A2Q survey first, since Cisco denotes on the:

New and Changed Information for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6(1)

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_1/delta/delta.html)

The following:

Additional Device Types

Two  dual mode device types are have been made available as built-in. The  Nokia S60 and Cisco Dual Mode for Android no longer require external COP  files to enable these two device types.

GUI Changes

When adding a phone, both Nokia S60 and Cisco Dual Mode for Android devices will show up in the Phone Type drop-down list.

Service Parameter and Enterprise Parameter Changes

No service or enterprise parameter changes exist for this feature.

Installation/Upgrade (Migration) Considerations

No  special installation or upgrade considerations exist for this feature.  After you install or upgrade to Unified CM 8.6(1), you can use this  feature.

Considering the above, I thought that the Jabber is not any more under New Product Hold (NPH) status.

Any comments?

Thanks for your replies.

Kind regards,

George