I have a problem with the wrong name displaying in Jabber calls. This only occurs when John calls from his Jabber Client. There is always the CallerId of Sam showing up.
Checked AD, Outlook contacts, CUCM & Webex configuration and found no errors.
Then I generated a problem record in my Jabber for Windows client and found this in PROBLEM_FEEDBACK_Cisco_Jabber_17.49_01-08-2013\Contacts\PersonManager\PersonManagerForensics.txt:
 <PersonResolver: 0D32AD90>
Original record: <0D36E2B8>
<PersonRecord: 0D36E2B8> (Roster:Sam.Sample@our.domain)
<PersonRecord: 09349160> Sam Sample (WebEx:Sam.Sample@our.domain)
<PersonRecord: 0F10FE60> Doe, John (CallerID:+491234567890:Doe, John)
In the other records there is only one name associated to one person. How did John number slip in here. And most interesting, how can I get rid of that entry? Where is it originated?
Same Problem occurs at a customer site with a on premise deployment (CUPS). So it doesn't seem to be Webex related. Tried several Jabber versions from 9.1.3 to 9.2.3. Same behaviour.
Any suggestions hints?
I'm seeing this same issue as well.
CUCM version 220.127.116.1100-2
CUPS version 18.104.22.16800-28
Jabber version 9.2.0 build 496
Only a few users have reported the issue, but I noticed the same exact symptoms you reported.
Maybe untinstalling and reinstalling Jabber for these users?
I'll keep messing around with it, but it sounds like many others have the same issue.
Yes, there are also threads regarding this or similar problems in the EAP forums. But there is also no solution in sight. Hope Cisco will fix this in the near future. Until now the customers stay calm, but ....
I think you should probably open a TAC case on this. At a guess, I think the issue could be araising from an Outlook contact. We'd need logs to debug further.
I think I see what is going on, just not entirely sure why and how to prevent it yet.
Look at the two records below, taken from the "PersonManagerForensics.txt" file generated once you report a problem through the Jabber application.
That first contact is a personal contact in the users Outlook address book.
The second contact is an employee.
When the user calls the second contact in Jabber, the caller ID always shows up as first contact. Same thing happens if the second contact calls the user.
The caller ID for the first contact is the same last 4 digits as the internal employees DID number. We use 4 digit dialing. Not really sure why the caller ID record for the first contact resolved to those last 4 digits of that one telephone number.
Jabber issue....or Outlook issue???
I'll open a TAC case.
 < 0c3e68f0="">>
< 0c427f88=""> Belinda Iberl (OutlookRecordSource:EF000000BC83CE4367E42B42B2EF336756A5DEA964E52100) [439-9380 OR 458-0170, 508-2938, 459-2220]>
< 0c2f5838=""> (CallerID:2220:) >
3] < 0c327e10="">>
< 06890320=""> Ryan Kooi (UDS:rkooi) >
< 0c31c8f0=""> (CallerID:5204392220:) >
We had something similar. The contact apparently was a "left over" contact in the local outlook contact address book on the pc. Once removed the old contact, all displayed correctly. J4W seems to be looking at local outlook address book these days. Hope this hint helps.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App
I did confirm that you could delete that number from the outlook contact, and that worked as far as the caller ID in jabber displays correctly now.
However, the outlook contact information needs to stay as is, at least in my case. I guess I could disable the outlook integration, but if it's offered by Jabber as a "feature" I expect it to work correctly.
I'd like to know if I could edit the Cache of contacts Jabber has...
Originally had J4W version 22.214.171.1246. I opened a TAC case and was suggested to update to the latest version and recreate the issue.
Updated to 126.96.36.19917. I also cleared the Jabber log cache as per the following link:
This appears to have cleared up my issue. I'll update should the issue re occur.
This problem was resolved by a correction of the Webex (Cloud) database:
The CSF device for Sam (Sam.Sample@our.domain) has been updated at our end to reflect 12345.
So, this wasn't really a Jabber bug. Nasty fact is that you can't check this by yourself. And Webex always wan't to move the ticket to Cisco TAC & vice versa. This took us about a month to get it fixed. :-(