cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client cannot control deskphone

cfursten
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to access/connect my desk phone (7945) to the Windows Jabber Client I have. The CSF device works fine. The 7945 and the line on the phone are associated with my user (We are LDAP integrated). I have all CTI roles assigned to my account. The Jabber Client is Version 11.8.2 Build 50390 and the CUCM environment is 10.5.2. When attempting to connect to desk phone eventually I get the Unable to Connect CJ:109:3 Error Notification. This actually worked at one point. Is there a "profile" that could be deleted and start over? What logs would I look in to determine the reason for the error?

Thanks in Advance

Chuck Furstenau

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you associate the 7945 physical phone with the user, in the user management pages on cucm? as a controlled devices.

from experience, sometimes it helps just ripping the user out, including phone association and re-configure again.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the ideas. When I set the 7945 as the "Primary phone" under the CSF phone config, applied config, shutdown the client, deleted the Jabber folder in:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

Then restarted the client, I can now connect to the 7945. I still can't connect to some of the other phones associated with my user.