cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client is responsive but can not send chat messages

rabidness
Level 1
Level 1

Occasionally, I will be having a text conversation in the jabber client and at some unpredictable point, I will be unable to submit what I have typed. I am able to continue to manipulate the text/buttons however when I hit Enter, nothing is submitted. The window clearly has focus and is responsive, it just does not accept Enter. I will continue to receive messages from my correspondent. To get around this I copy the text I have typed, close my chat and open a new chat window in order to submit it, which works fine.

Nothing prompts or alerts me to improper behavior. The lock still shows 'Secured to server' when this occurs.

I searched but couldn't find anything... Has anyone heard of this problem with the client? Are there any known workarounds(such as adding a submit button to the window)?

Windows 8.1, Jabber Client 9.6.0 Build 17088

3 Replies 3

michaelk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am wondering if you managed to fix this problem? I have exactly the same issue and would love to know the resolution! It's annoying having to close and re-open the chat window all of the time.

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known defect with IE 11 that Microsoft upgraded; here is the defect for it;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum09942/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Using the latest version of jabber for windows ( 9.7.0 and above) should resolve this issue.

Please rate it this helps.

josepaulopetry
Level 1
Level 1

two years later from the original post..

Windows 7, IE11 and Jabber 11.5.1 here and having the same problem..

Other users sometimes have the same problem here..