cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client/VCS Phonebook Retrieval Issue

Jonathan Dolan
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing an issue where jabber/movi clients are unable to retrieve provisioned phonebooks.  Captures from the client PC's and VCS indicate the the phonebook URI is being requested and found, but a 403-forbidden error is being returned to the client.  The issue is intermittent and can be temporarily resolved by having the user log out of the client, and back in.  The issue is not related to a specific PC or user account.  AD integration is not in use.  VCS software x7.0.2 and TMS version 13.1.2.  We have tried Movi/Jabber client versions 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonathan

So the issue is not there once the client has logged in and is something that happens over time? I ask since you say that the issue is temproarily resolved once the client logs out and back in again.

How long have you seen this issue and if everything was working at some point, what changed before this issue started to occur?

If it was working before and this behavior has started to occurr the VCS database indexes might be degraded, do you see any errors in the TMSAgent Diagnostics on the TMS? 

It would be interesting to see the configuration in your provisioning directory, just to get an idea of what is being provisioned.  And also what is shown in the client status once you search for a known exsisting entry?

"Phonebook service disabled" or "No exact match in phonebook", anything else?

/Magnus

Thanks for the response.

You are correct.  The error occurs over time after a user has logged into the client.  We've had a variety of issues with with out VCS/TMS/Jabber deployment so it's hard to pinpoint exactly when this started to occur, but it was working at one point.  If i recall corrrectly, this started to crop up after we had to rebuild our provisioning database after an OpenDS failure on the TMS server.  TMS agent diagnostics (both local and for VCSc) complete without error currently.  The error received by a client when searching for an entry that is known to exist is 'no exact match in phonebook'.  Here is a screenshot of all settings we are currently provisioning.....

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the screenshot, everything looks correct

It might have something to do with the fact that you had to rebuild the OpenDS at some point. Some of the indexes might be degraded.

In this case I would recommend you to open a TAC case in order to troubleshoot this further in a webex session so TAC can investigate the logs. Or the other alternative is to wait until the new provisioning model is released (very soon) which does not use OpenDS and is much more stable. It´s possible to migrate all your data from OpenDS to the new model.

This comes with 13.2 (might not come at the same time, but it needs TMS 13.2 and VCS 7.1 to work).

That might be the best way to go further if you can wait just a few weeks until it´s released. More about this can be read in the documentation once released. There is already some info about this in the VCS X7.1 documentation which has been released.

/Magnus

Thanks.  I will pursue the issue through TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: