Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber-config.xml

shu shen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I have used jabber successfully  Registered  in cucm, but I can not find jabber-config.xml file.

I can not find any config-files about jabber. why?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because CUCM doesn't have one by default, the Jabber documentation explains you need to create the file as per your deployment requirements, and then upload your file to your TFTP servers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

It's not working because you're using UDS, and thumbnailPhoto is an LDAP attribute, but you're NOT using LDAP. You have the use UDS option checked.

You need a Web Server where to upload the pictures and configure this to work

https://youtu.be/8KVMYfS5uEM

If you want the pictures to be available over MRA, you also need to configure the UDS method for them to show up.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Did you upload a jabber-config.xml file?

Hi j.huizinga

i didn't upload any jabber-config.xml file into cucm。 I have a question, why not the default jabber-config file in CUCM? And phone are different?

Hi,

When you have CUCM 10 or 11, you create UC services and assign these services to a service profile and the service profile is assigned to an end-user. This can be enough for jabber. When you want to override the defaults jabber is using, you can create a jabber-config.xml file which will use values you want.

Bye

JH

Hi j.huizinga

first thanks for your reply!

in my lab,I used jabber register to cucm 115 through expressway e to expressway c.i have created uc service and service profile for jabber. i just want to use contact photo for jabber user. i have modified thumbnailPhoto attribute. but my jabber can not view normally.

when i checked my jabber,i found below error.i don't know why?

Jabber Diagnostics

Jabber configuration file Failed to download TFTP config. No TFTP server address available in server queue.

It's not working because you're using UDS, and thumbnailPhoto is an LDAP attribute, but you're NOT using LDAP. You have the use UDS option checked.

You need a Web Server where to upload the pictures and configure this to work

https://youtu.be/8KVMYfS5uEM

If you want the pictures to be available over MRA, you also need to configure the UDS method for them to show up.

HTH

java

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because CUCM doesn't have one by default, the Jabber documentation explains you need to create the file as per your deployment requirements, and then upload your file to your TFTP servers.

HTH

java

thanks for your reply!

in my lab,I used jabber register to cucm 115 through expressway e to expressway c.i have created uc service and service profile for jabber. i just want to use contact photo for jabber user. i have modified thumbnailPhoto attribute. but my jabber can not view normally.

when i checked my jabber,i found below error.i don't know why?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: