Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber connection to Presence server /softphone issue

Allan Choo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

Can i get some help with Cisco Unified Presence (8.6) working with Cisco Jabber for MAC (9.2.1)? So here is the scenario, we are currently moving away from Cisco WebEX, so i needed to configure our Cisco Presence server to be able have our Mac user login to Cisco Jabber so that they can use the phone.  Currently i have configured CSF device on the Call Manager, which is working fine when i login to Cisco Jabber with my WebEX account, it allows me to define my phone device and login information, once connected i am able to make calls with my Cisco Jabber client.

Now that i have configured my presence server, i have reset my jabber so that i can point to my presence server which seem to work for my account, but i am unable to get another account to work.  It allows me to sign into the presence server, but under the “Call Preferences” tab, it is not picking up my phone device.  It shows alias as Computer (Software Phone) but the area is grey out so i am not able to make any changes.

On my account that is working this area would should my device “CSFXXXXX” the device that i have created in CM.

Also for the account that is not working, it is working if i login with the WebEX credentials and manually set the phone device in the Call preferences.

Hope someone can guide me in the correct direction.

Regards,

Allan

1 Reply 1

Allan Choo
Level 1
Level 1

I found my error. I needed to add the user to the CTI profile.

Regards,

Allan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: