Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber contacts with custom information field

Lionel Thai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have recently deployed our jabber client 9.2.0 and so far everything is ok.

A a presentation with Cisco, we saw one of the speaker from Cisco with a jabber client that had custom field displayed for each contact information (location + title etc).

We asked our integrator, but to date, they have not been able to find a way to accomplish that. Would anyone know how we can customize this pop up windows to dispaly additional field ? The LDAP query is working fine, I just need to be able to amend the information displayed.

We are using standard AD for directory, but I can imagine if you have an LDAP, one may have some different field to map as well.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

4 Replies 4

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lionel,

It sounds like the users had custom presence manually set.

Where did you see the custom information?

- Colin

Hi Colin,

Actually, I think there is a misunderstanding. The problem is when you click on view profile for a contact. You do have a list of preconfigured information such as firstname, lastename, IM account etc. What I would like to do is to add / remove some extra field from our Active directory.

I have seen it done, but not sure how this was accomplished (specific dev or some unknown custom in the jabber client)

Thanks,

Lionel

Hi Lionel,

try to take a look here: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice.

You may find what you are looking for.

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: