Level 1
Level 1

Dear 

I have a Voice Lab and i have faced this problem:

This is my topology:

1)CUCM 11 installed in a server 

2)Jabber Client installation in a Client PC 

3)ping from Client PC to Server is OK.

4)I have 4 IP phones and one CCIP Cisco SoftIP phones registered with CUCM and all functionning.

5)I registered an end user and i feel the Jabber configuration in the CUCM is correct.

6)Jabber Client is installed in a PC where there is Wireless Connection to the internet with IP address 192.168.1.22 (The DSL router has network subnet192.168.1.0) and a network card connected to the CUCM server with IP address 192.168.15.20 because the CUCM tftp server has IP address 192.168.15.60 (the DHCP server in the CUCM have subnet 192.168.15.0).

7)now the problem is while i am trying to login to the CUCM.i configured the TFTP server address in Jabber Client but i says "Cannot Comminucate with the Server",i am no having DNS server .i trying many times to find out the problem i couldn??

i noticed that if i turned off the Wireless Connection (the internet Connection),and tried to login to Jabber then it says "There is no internet connection ,Please Check your network Settings"While i am trying to login localy so why it says this?.

Any Support would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is your CUCM defined under system -> server??

IP or hostname/FQDN?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry for late reply due i have some trouble in my internet connection.

please note that i have Vmware installed in the physical server,and i have virtual PUB and Sub Cucm server with IP addresses.and i have configured the Cisco jabber to connect to this Cucm serveer Ip address but no hope ,i have Cisco SoftIP downloaded to the same client machine where i install the Cisco Jabber and it connect and registered to the Cucm server.

if you have teamviewer i can give you my machine account to connect and check my configuration,because i tried alot without any result.

another issue,in my office i have Router with CME 9 installed and i would like to create communication between my Cucm server and my office using the internet on both Sites,what is the easiest way to create communication between these two site using the internet.any good guide or document would be greate to try,

Thanks alot in advance 

Thanks

Regards

Fadel

If you want someone to take a look at your config, then you should be opening a TAC case for that.

The way in which you configure a trunk between CME and CUCM is by just configuring CME as an H.323 GW or using a SIP trunk, on CME, just configure the dial-peers with the matching protocol, but that assumed there's some sort of MAN/WAN in between them, not the internet.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate