Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Directory Question

All servers are 10.x

Jabber is 9.7

I have Jabber up and running, but it's pulling directory information from LDAP even when I don't have a directory service specified in my UC profile.  This isn't really a problem except that it's pulling phone number info from the Telephone field in Active Directory and I need it to pull from the IP Phone field. 

There are two ways to fix this and I'm fine with either one, but I'm not sure how to make either happen.  Can anyone tell me how to either:

A.  Get it to look at the IP Phone field in Active Directory (which is what CUCM and CUC are doing)

or

B.  Let me point it to CUCM instead of Active Directory to get that info

I've already tried putting in a directory service entry (pointing to CUCM) in my UC profile and exited/restarted my Jabber client, but it's still looking at AD instead. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Configure all that in the

Configure all that in the jabber-config.xml file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Configure all that in the

Configure all that in the jabber-config.xml file

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Jaime,I've been looking

Jaime,

I've been looking through the XML config section of the Jabber 9.7 Installation and Configuration Guide but I don't see an option like that listed.  Can you point me to the parameter I need to use?

Cisco Employee

A) Default mappings for LDAP

A) Default mappings for LDAP fields, page 179

B) Use UDS, page 198

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97.pdf

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

if you have the jabber for

if you have the jabber for windows installed in a PC which is part of the domain then yes you dont need anything to configure and the since the PC is part of the same ldap domain where you search for your contact it will look at the default telephone number field; but if you want you can use the following steps to be added to a jabber-config.xml and that should help you;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Directory>
  <DirectoryServerType>EDI</DirectoryServerType>
  <BusinessPhone>ipPhone</BusinessPhone>
 </Directory>
</config>

this is all what you need to get the ipPhone phone to populate against the "work" number and you are sorted. Since the PC is part of the domain there is no need to get any information related to the ip address and port number of the LDAP server in question.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content