Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Failed Login due to host file

Alhafiz Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco 

I've setup my presence server but have an issue to communicate with our server. We noticed because we need to add the servers ip and hostname into the HOST file.I already insert the server hostname into DNS entry. When i test by remove the ip and host name server in HOST file. My jabber failed to communicate with the server. 

When i insert back the ip and hostname into HOST file i will able to log in my Jabber. I have more than 500 user.I can't commit to update user HOST file one by one

=======================================================

NS Lookup

C:\Users\admin>nslookup 10.164.43.139
Server:  essdcp399-w268.emrsn.org
Address:  142.176.181.6

Name:    mysj1-impsn01.emrsn.org
Address:  10.164.43.139

======================================================== 

Host File Entry

10.164.43.139 MYSJ1IMPSN01.emrsn.org
10.164.43.140 MYSJ1IMPSN02.emrsn.org
10.164.43.135 MYSJ1CUCM01.emrsn.org
10.164.43.136 MYSJ1CUCM02.emrsn.org
3 Replies 3

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

From the information provided it seems you are using the SRV records for Jabber to login and/or the UC service profile does not align with the DNS.

The quickest way to get this running is request your DNS administrator to add more A records centrally opposed to updating individual machine host files. if you supply the hosts file entry portion posted that should be enough as long its accurate.

OR 

Update the UC service profile (if using DNS), SRV records (or manual jabber configuration)  to point to the names already in DNS which just appears to have a hyphen after the MYSJ1 portion in the name,

Hope this helps, please rate any useful posts.

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Name:    mysj1-impsn01.emrsn.org
Address:  10.164.43.139

======================================================== 

Host File Entry

10.164.43.139 MYSJ1IMPSN01.emrsn.org
10.164.43.140 MYSJ1IMPSN02.emrsn.org

The FQDN given by DNS is mysj1-impsn01.emrsn.org, however the hostname name configured in host file is different (MYSJ1IMPSN01.emrsn.org)

isn't the actual hostname of the server MYSJ1IMPSN01? Could you correct the name in DNS and test again?

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your FQDN seems to be mis-matching, please check that

Also, what kind of SRV record are you using? cisco-uds or cup-login?

This DNS config guide should help you more http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: