cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Jabber for Android/Iphone without anyconnect

Hi there,

I am confused after reading a ton of information regarding cisco jabber vpn deployment. I have two questions:

1/ Can i install another VPN client like forticlient on my iphone/android to connect jabber for voice to corporate CUCM ?

2/ Can i establish a VPN on my iphone (using iphone built in VPN clien ) without using anyconnect client and anyconnect license with a Cisco ASA? Cisco says that anyconnect (Client and licenses) is mandatory but i have a client who has succesfuly tested iphone without using anyconnect : Buit in VPN on iphone and cisco ASA without anyconnect licenses.

Thank you in advance

7 REPLIES
Community Member

My understanding is that the requirement for Anyconnect is only if you want to have Jabber auto-initiate a VPN connection back to your office when someone starts Jabber Mobile using the mobile network.

Community Member

Thanks for your answer !

Guys are you agree with jpm ?

Can anyone give me the answers to my two questions?

Regards

Cisco Employee

On a separate (though related note), you might want to look into collaboration edge, and drop anyconnect and any other VPN client, if all you want is the connectivity for Jabber.

If you need the VPN for any other internal access (ie email), then disregard the above.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
VIP Red

Jaime,

what's the projection, when is the collaboration edge available? A lot of people will be gagging for it.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Cisco Employee

Unfortunately bits and pieces required for this, are still in the works, and some close to FCS, but I cannot discuss what I know here.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Guys please !  Still wainting for your answers.

Regards

VIP Super Bronze

1/ Can i install another VPN client like forticlient on my iphone/android to connect jabber for voice to corporate CUCM ?

Possibly but it won't be supported by Cisco. You'll need to test/certify it yourself.

2/ Can i establish a VPN on my iphone (using iphone built in VPN clien ) without using anyconnect client and anyconnect license with a Cisco ASA? Cisco says that anyconnect (Client and licenses) is mandatory but i have a client who has succesfuly tested iphone without using anyconnect : Buit in VPN on iphone and cisco ASA without anyconnect licenses.

Again, sure if you can make it work. TAC will likely require you to reproduce the issue without the non-supported VPN issue before troubleshooting if you have an issue t hough. Personally, I would avoid IPsec unless it runs IKEv2 because of how poorly IKEv1 handles suspend/resume operations and IPv4 address changes.

As Jamie mentioned, Collaboration Edge is the recommended approach:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns1246/index.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content