cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPad cannot find server?

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Jabber for IPad last night and tried to get it to register to my VCS-Expressway, but it comes back that it cannot find the server.  I was doing this from my home wifi, so I tried from my home PC, and it worked fine. 

Any suggestions?           

3 Replies 3

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to the Settings icon, and select Help it will allow you to collect and email a PRT which will have more detailed information as to what's going on.

The files that end in -Console.log will have the best information for you to analyze any connectivity issues.

I am having the same issue trying to connect to my VCS-Expressway.  I dont have any problems connecting from a windows PC/jabber client from the same network the iPAD is connected to.  The Console-log did not reveal anything apparent to me. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why I have 2 discussions on here with the same questions, but if you go to https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3740649#3740649 you will get more info.  Basically, I figured out that my IPad jabber client would not register until my pc client was signed out.

Good luck with yours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: