cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPad cannot find server?

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Jabber for IPad last night and tried to get it to register to my VCS-Expressway, but it comes back that it cannot find the server.  I was doing this from my home wifi, so I tried from my home PC, and it worked fine. 

Any suggestions?           

3 Replies 3

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to the Settings icon, and select Help it will allow you to collect and email a PRT which will have more detailed information as to what's going on.

The files that end in -Console.log will have the best information for you to analyze any connectivity issues.

I am having the same issue trying to connect to my VCS-Expressway.  I dont have any problems connecting from a windows PC/jabber client from the same network the iPAD is connected to.  The Console-log did not reveal anything apparent to me. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure why I have 2 discussions on here with the same questions, but if you go to https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3740649#3740649 you will get more info.  Basically, I figured out that my IPad jabber client would not register until my pc client was signed out.

Good luck with yours.