cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad - Device Name

chris_ripkey
Level 4
Level 4

I am having issues connecting Jabber for iPad to our CUCM.  The client will not connect to CUCM, is there now a Device name requirement like the iPhone?  In the past I have registered using a Client Service Framework device, has this changed?  If so, where are the documents.  I have checked the logs and the device name is causing the client to not register.

Any idea?

Chris

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK it hasn't been officially FCS'ed, so, documentation is yet to be  released to CCO over the next couple of weeks.

But, since Apple has released the app and you already have it, use TAB for device name.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

What is the device type you should select in CUCM?

There will be a COP with the new device type, if it's not available for download (and you're not part of the EFT), then you cannot try it until it's released.

Most likely along with the documentation in the next couple of weeks.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Changxiang Liu
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, You should apply a jabber for tablet COP from your AM and install it on CM. And then, You are able to select jabber for tablet device other than CSF.

The device Name is TAB follow by your username in capital letter. (eg: TABCISCO)

Thanks,

Wing

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

How long before the COP file and documentation?  How can you submit an app to apple and not have everything done?  I have been waiting for this app for a long time and it is still not finished.  Way to go!

The solution is still in "early field trial" (EFT) as Java already mentioned. And to give EFT users access to the app Cisco has to publish it to the Apple store. Blame it on Apple since their closed system is not allowing apps without using the store.

Greetings

Christian

Here's a link to th documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12430/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

And somebody posted the cop.sgn and xml template in this thread:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/98924

Best,

NPM

Thanks for the information.  Very much appreciated.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: