Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Jabber for iPad Issues

CUCM 8.0 (3)

CUP 8.6.2

Unity 8.0.3

Fist,Setting up voicemail.  I know that Unity is not supported, but it works fine when configured for Jabber for iPhone.  I would assume that it would work the same for Jabber for iPad?  When selecting to configure Voicemail I get a screen that has my username and mailstore ip:port pre-configured from my TAB device settings.  I enter my credentials, select Save, and immediately get "There is a network problem. Try again later.".

Second, When I sign in to Jabber on the iPad, my status changes to "In a meeting" on my windows CUPC client (still logged in) and to other users running CUPC "watching" my status.  However the iPad displays my status as "Available" (noticed the iPad status changed to "In a meeting" while writing this, nothing on my Calendar, and it changed back to "available" on CUPC after signing out of Jabber on iPad).  Not sure if this is by design, but it seems that this should be a configurable setting if it is by design.

Third, We pull pictures from Active Directory.  Pictures display so large on the Jabber for iPad that the image is blurry.  I assume we could load a higher res photo into AD, but I think Outlook and some other apps require a certain resolution.

Fourth, No "Out of Office" Status.  In CUPC you can select "Out of office" for a status and it will sign you out and allow to set a custom status to be displayed while you are signed out.  We use this feature for notifying others at our firm that we are on Vacation, In Court, etc.  This is a very useful feature and I hope Cisco will add to the Jabber roadmap.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Community Member

Jabber for iPad Issues

I have the same problem to Setting up the voicemail. Everytime get "There is a network problem. Try again later".

Did Could someone set this without Problem?

Even though i get this error, i can see the signaled Voicemail in the menu "recent calls", Voicemail.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content