cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad using VCS for registration

John Faltys
Level 1
Level 1

Is this scenario still support in Jabber 9.6? What Jabber do I use on the iPad to register to VCS?

Jabber for iPad used to have the option to register to a VCS, but now it seems it only has webex and CUCM.

Is that the case?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're looking for Jabber Video for iPad, release 9.3.4, not Jabber for iPhone and iPad 9.6

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're looking for Jabber Video for iPad, release 9.3.4, not Jabber for iPhone and iPad 9.6

HTH

java

Aha. Thank you.  That looks better.  However,

now I am getting authentication failed.  

I am using a known good account with the appropriate external server and domain.  Known good because it works on Jabber TP for Mac/Windows.  Since it is known working I assume it might be a template/schema issue.

I have  the schema versions 1.0, 1.0.2.0, 1.0.4.0 of JabberTablet installed and templates created.  Are these the appropriate ones?  May it be a separate issue?

Thank you,

Yes, those are the right templates, try internally and also verify credentials are correct.

Then move to the outside. It's probably something else.

Also, the fact one Jabber client works fine, doesn't mean others will do as the config is different and they rely on different bits to get their config.

HTH

java

When I attempt a registration from the iPad, I am not seeing anything on the VCS, internal or external.  Nothing in any log regarding the registration attempt.

I cannot find any documentation on the setup for using the iPad with VCS.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_x/JABP_BK_CFB4249A_00_cisco-jabber-for-ipad-932/JABP_BK_CFB4249A_00_cisco-jabber-for-ipad-932_chapter_0110.html

HTH

java