cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone 9.6 Answering Calls

John Powell
Level 1
Level 1

The issue we are having with Jabber for iPhone 9.6 is a difference in how easy/difficult answering a Jabber call is.

On an iPhone running IOS 6.1.3, a Jabber call comes in, the user does the following:1. Swipes to Unlock 2. Enter Passcode 3. Press Answer or Decline button.

On an iPhone running IOS 7.x, a Jabber call comes in, the user does the following:1. Swipes to Unlock 2. Enter Passcode 3. Double click Home  button 4. Find Jabber Application 5. Tab Jabber application to bring to front 6. Answer or Decline finally presents 7. Call goes to Voice mail because this process is way too much to simply answer the call.

The phones much auto lock after a certain amount of time because of the environment, so the users will hit this issue basically all the time.  If the user does not try to start answering the call on the first ring, chances are that the user misses the call.  Very stressful on the user.

Is there a workaround for this or fix in the 9.7 client?

5 Replies 5

John Powell
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber 11.8 will correct this issue.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-69598

Is that 11.8 on the iPhone or CUPS server. I have our iPhones updated and the most recent we can get is 11.7.1.244499. As for the server side we run CUPS v11. I can't seem to open that Cisco doc. It looks like it might be an internal document.

Any ideas?

It's the upcoming Jabber 11.8 release.  Not FCS as of yet.

I just saw that, I had to enroll in the Cisco Customer Connection program to open the link. I'm glad to learn about this program. We are a Cisco integrator and I wish I knew about this program earlier. Thanks for the info.

I can't see the document either, but I would guess with some certainty that this is talking about an upcoming update to the iOS app. Most likely takes advantage of CallKit, new to iOS 10; so you'll need to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 10 as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: