Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jabber for iPhone and iPad cannot receive calls

We currently have Call Manager 9.1.1 and Presence 9.1.1.

I am starting to use the Jabber Client for iPhone and iPad, but am having trouble receiving calls dialed to a particular extension.

If I can go settings for the iPhone Jabber client as an example, I am succesffuly connected to all accounts: IM, Phone Services, Voicemail, and WebEx.

When I go to the keypad, I can succesffuly dial internal extensions and make outbound calls to any numbers and they come accross as using my extension.

When calling the extension, my desk phone rings, but not the Jabber client.

Not sure what could be causing this issue to occur for Jabber not receiving the calls.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul Gaydos 

Everyone's tags (5)
8 REPLIES

I am assuming this means that Jabber and your deskphone have a shared extension?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Correct, this is a shared extension.  Both my desk phone and Jabber client on my iPhone are using the same extension.

Is that problem?

Thanks.

Paul

Re: Jabber for iPhone and iPad cannot receive calls

Should still work. But would be good to check indial into jabber with the phone unplugged, just for testing purposes.

also, you have checked the partition and configuration on the TAB device is the same as on the deskphone?

Can you attach call manager traces when making a test call and attach to the case.  Let us know the extension and device names you have used in the test, and a timestamp of the test.

thanks

Re: Jabber for iPhone and iPad cannot receive calls

I unplugged my deskphone and still no luck.

I also check the partition and my TAB device and desk phone and conifmred that they are both in the same partition.

I have attached call manager traces from making a test call this morning.  The extension is 3154 and the device names are SEP0024C40BA232 and TCTPAULGAYDOS.

Cisco Employee

Hi Paul

Unfortunately the traces did not catch the call...

Tapan

Hi Paul,

from cucm admin gui, go to the TCT device that does not ring and check the field DND option.

I am pretty sure that it is checked and the drop down menu says: reject calls.

Uncheck it and it will work!

BR

Anthony

Did you figure out your issue

Did you figure out your issue?

I have an iphone and the phone shows the call, and then it goes to missed almost instantly.

Thanks,

Alex

We had this same issue

We had this same issue running CUCM and Presence 10.5 on desktop Jabber clients, with the only difference being that if a user was logged into the internal LAN, both inbound and outbound calls worked from Jabber, but over a VPN connection, only outbound calls worked. Inbound calls would still ring the user's desk phone in the office, but would not ring the Jabber phone.

After a lot of troubleshooting, both in CUCM and on our ASA's, we discovered that the one variable that fixed the issue was turning off SIP packet inspection on the perimeter firewall. With packet inspection turned on, Jabber would not receive calls over VPN, but as soon as we turned it off, inbound calls worked fine.

Since iPhone and iPad Jabber clients generally behave similarly, needing to go through the firewall, maybe this will provide a place to start looking.

Thanks,

Steven

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content