Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone cannot call over Expressway. Expressway says: Bad Extension

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I've had Expressway working but now calls from/to Jabber for iPhone fail with a message "Bad Extension" in Expressway-E.

Is there someone that is willing to share the search rules of Expressway-E required that are required for Jabber to make/receive calls. I think I accidentally deleted one or changed one.

Regards,

Erik 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config for MRA only has 1 rule, it's created automatically, and it cannot even be deleted as it just proxies all call control to CUCM.

Aside from that, the only other rule you would have by default is the LocalZoneMAtch rule.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The config for MRA only has 1 rule, it's created automatically, and it cannot even be deleted as it just proxies all call control to CUCM.

Aside from that, the only other rule you would have by default is the LocalZoneMAtch rule.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.

I've created a TAC case to get some assistance with this. Waiting for the TAC engineer ....

Hello

Did u ever get an answer on this..running into same issue..bad extension.

Yes, I got an answer from TAC and it is was the solution to my problem.

It had to do with announcing IPv6 support by the clients. (header "Requires: anat")

By creating a new Common Device Configuration that disables IPv6 (IP Addressing Mode), thus IPv4 only, and assigning this common device configuration to all devices using MRA, solved my problem.

Let me know if this also fixes your problems!

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: