cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for IPhone/IPad and Anyconnect VPN

Joshua Engels
Level 1
Level 1

I have just setup Jabber for iPhone and iPad in a CUCM 8.6/Presence 8.6 enviornment.  Works great when on my wireless network at work.

The problem I have is that it doesn't work with Anyconnect VPN.  Running 8.4 code and can access the CUPS website from the iPhone/iPad when on vpn.  It just will not connect the Jabber clients.  I have attached the logs for review.

There is only one difference in our wireless connectivity and VPN connectivity that I can think of at this point.  Could it be my DHCP configuration not offering option 150 for tftp on the VPN?  I am using a local pool on the ASA but it doesn't offer option 150 for tftp.             

3 Replies 3

Joshua Engels
Level 1
Level 1

Okay guys, I made one incorrect statement.  The IPad does work over VPN.  The iPhone is the only thing that doesn't work over VPN.  That said, the iPad Jabber client ask for the TFTP server where as the iPhone jabber client does not.

Nathan Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever resolve this? I'm experiencing the same issue. All firewall ports are open to the best if my knowledge...

It's been a while so I don't recall exactly what I did.  That said: I want to say that I connected it via the wireless network to let it pull down it's configuration and after it pulled down the initial configuration I was good to go on VPN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: