Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Jabber for iphone with CUCM 8.5

Hello,

I did the config on the CUCM for my iphone so now jabber on my iphone is connected succesfuly to the CUCM and everythings works well except desk phone intergration, I followed the process below descripted on the Cisco site but cannot understand the step below (underlined)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_011.html#JABI_TK_E9D245B2_00

Step 1

Sign in to the Unified CM Administration portal.

Step 2

Navigate to the device page.

• •a. In the Device Information section, click Device Association and search for the desk phone you want to associate with the mobile device.

(here my question is which device they are talking about? We have device profile for each user and we have mobility on our company and we can connect to any phone on our company with our profile, and in our CUCM I cannot find Device information or Device Association field??

• •b. Select the device you want to associate with the mobile device, and click Save Selected/Changes.
  • •c. Navigate back to the End User page.
  • •d. Ensure that the Allow Control of Device from CTI check box is checked.
  • •e. Select the primary extension for the desk phone you want to associate with the mobile device.
  • •f. In the Permissions Information section, add Standard CTI Enabled to the User Groups list.

For 8900 and 9900 series phones, also add Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf.

• •g. Note the user ID of this user for use later in this procedure.
  • •h. Select Save.

Step 3

Navigate to the Device Information page for the desk phone you want to associate with the mobile device.

• •i. Verify that the value for Owner User ID is the correct end user.
  • •j. Ensure that the Allow Control of Device from CTI check box is checked.

If this option does not appear in the Device Information section of the Phone Configuration window, the phone does not support this feature.

• •k. Select Save.

Step 4

Navigate to the Cisco Dual Mode Device for iPhone page.

• •l. Verify that the value for Owner User ID is the correct end user.
  • •m. In the Product Specific Layout Configuration section, for CTI Control Username, enter the user ID from the End User page.
  • •n. Select Save.

Step 5

Navigate to the Directory Number Information page and verify:

• the Allow Control of Device from CTI check box is checked
  • the Associated Devices box displays the desk phone and the mobile device

Step 6

Restart the mobile device and the desk phone.

Thanks for your help

Bel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content