Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for MAC client

Saima Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone ,

Just need help downloading Jabber for MAC client for CUCM version 8.6.

On Cisco download page I see 2 installation files but not sure which one is the correct one to download:

Can you please let me know the difference between the above 2 downloads.

Customer need to install Jabber for MAC client .

Thank you

Sharri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes!

Dont forget to create the CSF device and associate it to End users in UCM if you want to give Jabber phone capabilities.

Blessings

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Sharri,

Normally I recommend latest versions of Jabber for the different platforms in terms of application improvement but i´ve seen issues using new releases for example last year UCM 9.1.2 was the last available version so I installed Jabber 9.6.(1) on Feb 2014 but some features were not working as should so made a downgrade to 9.2(6) and averything worked like a charm.

In your case try the last 9.6(0) version of Mac Jabber if it does not suits your needs you can download the one that I´ve uploaded in this post.

Regarding you question about the difference between downloads I suppose your refer to Media Services Interface archive as this is explained in the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11715146/jabber-client-without-cisco-media-services-interface-does-it-work

Regards

Hi Magdiel,

Thank you for the detailed information , so the actual installation program file for 9.6(0) would be :

Cisco Jabber for Mac Admin  50.17 MB

because the other one is only 7 MB ?  (screenshot attached)

Sharri

Yes!

Dont forget to create the CSF device and associate it to End users in UCM if you want to give Jabber phone capabilities.

Blessings

Thank you for your help. I've downloaded the file , and configured CSF device. 

He will test it with user 

Sharri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: