Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Mac user cannot search for contacts

MisterM84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have one Mac user in our organization and when they try and search for contacts within Cisco Jabber 8.6.2 they receive no results. It seems the issue is they cannot connect to the Directory Server.

From what I can gather they need to connect via port 3268 rather than 389...However, I cannot find where this setting needs to be changed. When looking at Account Preferences within Jabber on the Mac server settings are configured "Automatically" and there is no way to change this to manual as all options are greyed out. When looking at the CUCM IM and Presence Administration page I have been through the LDAP settings and cannot see any options for changing what port is used to connect to the Directory Server.

Am I off the mark here? Could someone please point me in the right direction to get Directory Searching working on Jabber for Mac?

Thank you,

-David

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

On 9.x version you need to login to the CUCM admin pages and then

User Management --> User Settings --> UC Service

Find the Directory service that is assigned to the mac user and then change the port to 3268

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

I would check here

CUCM admin pages --> User Management --> User Settings --> Service Profile

Under directory Profile you can assign an account with which you can perform LDAP queries.

You can find which service profile is assigned to the user in question by going to

User Management --> End User --> Find the MAC User --> Under 'Service Settings' you will see the service profile assigned to the user.

HTH,

Christos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi David,

On 9.x version you need to login to the CUCM admin pages and then

User Management --> User Settings --> UC Service

Find the Directory service that is assigned to the mac user and then change the port to 3268

HTH,

Christos

This is perfect, thank you!

However, I think I've hit another hurdle...the userID being used to attempt to connect is "test" with an unknown password...we don't have an account named test.

As I didn't set this system up, I'm having a bit of trouble navigating on where I would change this...

I would check here

CUCM admin pages --> User Management --> User Settings --> Service Profile

Under directory Profile you can assign an account with which you can perform LDAP queries.

You can find which service profile is assigned to the user in question by going to

User Management --> End User --> Find the MAC User --> Under 'Service Settings' you will see the service profile assigned to the user.

HTH,

Christos

You have been most helpful, Christos. Thank you.

I can now search contacts on the Mac!

-David

Christos,

thanks you for the information. I was unable to search contacts on AD server with the port set to 389, just like David, but changing the port to 3268 did work.

Now the contacts are listed from my AD, but they don't appear with the corresponding picture. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: