cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 11.5.x Photo Cache refresh with EDI

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone can tell me if Jabber for Windows 11.x is dynamically refreshing it's photo cache on onsite deployments with AD parameter (no photo URL)? There is a note in the deploymant guide saying that it can take up to 24 hours for refreshing the contact photo. But maybe this is just for UDS or BDI deployments?!  I have a users where the client is not refreshing the photo cache and they have to delte cach manually to get it refreshed :-(

Regards

Rene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can confirm it works for EDI on-prem, I have that working in my lab.

AFAIK it's 24 hours + some random time which might be up to 6-8 hours, not sure about the last figure.

If you added it as the thumbnailPhoto attribute, the users just need to hover over it, or right click to view profile to refresh.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please confirm if there is no antivirus running on the machine

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can confirm it works for EDI on-prem, I have that working in my lab.

AFAIK it's 24 hours + some random time which might be up to 6-8 hours, not sure about the last figure.

If you added it as the thumbnailPhoto attribute, the users just need to hover over it, or right click to view profile to refresh.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: