Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.17088 showing wrong IM information

We are using BDI/LDAP with a jabber-config.xml with IM&P 9.1/Jabber for Windows 9.6.0.

We have 4 clusters with inter-clustering.  We sync CUCM to LDAP, and set username to samAccountName.  Our standard for samAccountName is firstname<space>lastname

The Directory Lookups using LDAP work great, except when I search for a user and look at their IM address.  I find 8 Annas and when I view Profile I see IM Anna for all of them.  Should it not have the full samaccountname of anna petrio@domain.com or anna lastname@domain.com

None of these computers with the problem are part of the Windows domain, they are in a workgroup.

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

In the Jabber-config.xml the PresenceDomain and BDIPresenceDomain should match the IM&P Presence Name.  Once I corrected this all was good.

You might want to add SERVICES_DOMAIN= to the msiexec command line. I found that bypassed the Jabber client asking questions for the users at login time.

Hello Jason,

I did a upgrade from Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2 to 9.6 and I have an issue connecting the LDAP Service, can you post your jabber-config.xml please?

Best regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies