Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.6 URI dialling

peter.froome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can someone confirm if it is expected behaviour that the Jabber for Windows 9.6 client can only perform URI dialling on destinations that can be looked up in the directory?  Is it not possible to configure the Jabber for Windows 9.6 client to connect externally via the VCS infrastructure using URI dialling?

Thanks,

Peter

4 Replies 4

fraterb
Level 1
Level 1

I'm able to make URI calls via VCS into my Jabber 9.6 client.  Guess it depends on your routing.

However, having upgraded from Jabber 9.2.6 to 9.6 (despite having the media sence client installed), I'm no longer able to make video calls when in deskphone mode.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I can make URI calls via VCS into the Jabber 9.6 client - it's calling out to external endpoints from the 9.6 client that is not working.  It appears to be trying a directory lookup - as the external endpoint is not in any directory, the client won't let me place a call to the VCS even though call routing is configured in CUCM.  I'm trying to establish is this is expected behaviour, or is there a way of telling the Jabber 9.6 client to allow calls to unknown destinations to be placed?

I haven't tested the facility to make video calls when in deskphone mode so I can't comment on that functionality.

Hi

There is no Jabber client restriction on the SIP address. If you have valid CUCM config and a valid route for the URi Address you can call any internal or external endpoint with a valid SIP URI address..

Thanks, Damien