cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows 9.7 issues

carlos_canepa_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i´m implementing cisco jabber via IM& presence server,  version 9.1.1.41900-1 with cucm version 9.1.2.11900-12.

I´m having some issues with the client jabber version 9.7.0.18474

When the customer logs with the client using ldap validation (ldap Synchronized user),  the csf phone associated with the user does not register, but when the user is converted from ldap synchronized to local user, works, the csf phone registers.

It is happening in one user.

Any ideas?

Regards

4 Replies 4

Hi Carlos,

There's 3 items in regards LDAP interaction:

LDAP synch, LDAP auth and Contact search

Do you have LDAP Authentication setup in CUCM ? If yes a quick test involves trying to login with the user to CCM End user web page to validate you can login/authenticate to LDAP

What do you see in your Help | Show system diagnostics ?

I would pull the logs and see what error do you see.

The user validates via Ldap, the system Diagnostics on jabber for win client, the softphone shows not connected.

The trick is, when  I migrate the user from Ldap sync to local,  the csf phone get registered.! and works.

Hi Carlos,

1. Can you answer the previous question:

Do you have LDAP Authentication configured in CUCM ? If yes, a quick test involves trying to login with the user to CCM End user web page to validate you can login/authenticate to LDAP.

2.  Can you upload the Jabber diagnostics log when its not working, problem  will be easier to understand with some debug.

thanks

jbburks
Level 5
Level 5

I'm getting a similar problem.

I have Jabber 9.7.0 installed on Windows 7 64-bit.

CM is 8.6.2.

LDAP authentication pass-through to Windows AD is working fine. I can log into CUCM with my credentials.

Jabber logs on and I can control my 8945 desk phone.

I cannot get Jabber to come up in Softphone mode. It will authenticate to Unity Connection and all is good - except getting the soft phone to work.

The log from Jabber is attached.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: