Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber for Windows 9.7 telephone numbers in import-xml-file

Hi Guys,

The new Jabber version 9.7 brings the feature to create custom contacts. Also I am able to import custom users via xml files.
Importing users via xml is described in the link below, but I'm not able to add a phone number to the custom contact via xml.

Does anyone know how the parameter of phone numbers(office,mobile,...) sound like?

Thanks in advance

I only found this one:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C8DC9967_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C8DC9967_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_010.html#JABW_RF_EF0A65E3_00

ElementDescription
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>XML declaration.
Your definitions file must contain an XML declaration with the following attributes:
version

Specifies the version of the XML file.

encoding

Specifies the encoding. You must use utf-8.

buddylistRoot element of the contact list definition.
groupParent element of a contact group.

One group can contain multiple users.

There is no limit to the number of users a group can contain. There is also no limit to the number of groups you can include in a contact list definitions file.

However, your server sets a restriction to the number of contacts that you can add to Cisco Jabber. You must ensure you do not exceed that limit in your contact list definitions file.

gnameSpecifies the name of the group.
userParent element that holds details for a single user.
unameSpecifies the instant messaging (IM) address of a user.
fnameSpecifies the name that displays in the client user interface.

Example Contact List

The following is an example XML definition of a contact list that you can import into Cisco Jabber:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<buddylist>
  <group>
    <gname>Sales</gname>
    <user>
      <uname>amckenzi@example.com</uname>
      <fname>Adam McKenzie</fname>
    </user>
    <user>
      <uname>aperez@example.com</uname>
      <fname>Anita Perez</fname>
    </user>
  </group>
  <group>
    <gname>Marketing</gname>
    <user>
      <uname>nfox@example.com</uname>
      <fname>Nancy Fox</fname>
    </user>
  </group>
</buddylist>
Everyone's tags (1)
9 REPLIES

We still have the problem,

We still have the problem, that we can't create the xml with phone numbers in it. Can anybody help me in this case? Thanks

did you ever get to solve

did you ever get to solve this problem?

Have the same issue

Unfortunately we don't have

Unfortunately we don't have found a solution for that. We still add the contacts manually

Does it seem completely

Does it seem completely ridiculous to anyone else that you can create contacts, but not with phone numbers?  What's the point of contacts with no phone numbers?

Agreed.  All of our users use

Agreed.  All of our users use Jabber to 'click-to-call' their contacts via CTI functionality.  Works great for company contacts which are in AD/LDAP.  We had hoped to be able to import standard contact listsfor various groups via XML for external (non-company) contacts, but the import is worthless without the ability to import phone numbers for those contacts.  Referencing Outlook contacts is a clunky process by user and pretty buggy as well.

trying to so the same thing

trying to so the same thing and stubled across this thread.  This is the most ridiculous thing.  ever.  Did anyone ever find a fix?

Hi my friend.

Hi my friend.

Have you found anything about the problem of contact numbers?

Thank you

Hi my friend.

Hi my friend.

Have you found anything about the problem of contact numbers?

Thank you

Hi silvakizir,

Hi silvakizir,

I still dont have a solution for that issue, but I haven't researched on that anymore.

Best Regards

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies