Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows and Application Dial Rules

kelvin.j.owen
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve got Jabber for Windows 9.0.4, CUP 8.6.4 and CUCM 7.1.3

I created an application dial rule on CUCM , loaded the cmterm-cupc-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn CUCM, restarted TFTP and Jabber picks up that dial rule OK (it can be seen in the Jabber log file)

I now need to add a second rule, and have created that on CUCM. I’ve restarted the TFTP servers but when loading Jabber, it ignores the second dial rule. In the Jabber logs I can still see only information about the original dial rule being sent from the tftp server

Anyone any ideas about if/how I can add additional dial rules ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

You have to run the COP file again to get it to replace the appdialrule.xml file on the TFTP servers, adding additional rules in CUCM does not update the xml file. Make sure you run it on all TFTP servers.

Just an fyi, you cannot download, modify the appdialrule.xml and upload the file to the TFTP servers. The documentation for Jabber for iPhone says you can, but I could not get it to work. I had to run the COP file again.

HTH,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

You have to run the COP file again to get it to replace the appdialrule.xml file on the TFTP servers, adding additional rules in CUCM does not update the xml file. Make sure you run it on all TFTP servers.

Just an fyi, you cannot download, modify the appdialrule.xml and upload the file to the TFTP servers. The documentation for Jabber for iPhone says you can, but I could not get it to work. I had to run the COP file again.

HTH,

Doug

Thanks Doug

I had thought about reloading the COP file, but had ruled that out as being a bit too clumsy a solution!

Anyway you're quite correct - I've reloaded the COP file and restarted TFTP and the changes are now propogated to Jabber.

Regards

Kelvin