Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows and CME Setup

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

With CME 10.0 Jabber for Windows 9.1.0 and above is supported in Softphone Mode. I know what to setup on CME to get J4W running, but I don't know how to train J4W Client that it will register with CME. Do I have to setup something in xml config file or do I have to setup something on onprem Presence server?

Can someone help me out here?

Regards

René

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to set a flag during install.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode TFTP=1.2.3.4 LANGUAGE=1033

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0100.html#JABW_RF_M402071A_00

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan for your answer, but I guess this is not right. I need to setup Jabber in Softphone Mode, with Presence Integration, Deskphone Mode is not supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelabel.html#wp1076238

Restrictions

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client version should be version 9.1.0 and later version.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client should register with a presence server such as cloud-based Webex server, or a Cisco Unified Presence server to enable the telephony features on the Jabber client.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client supports only the visual voice mail functionality using Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) on the Cisco Unity Connection.

The Cisco Jabber for Windows client does not support software-based conferencing and supports only the softphone mode with Cisco Unified CME.

Desk phone models are not supported.

For configuration information, see the "Cisco Jabber for Windows" section.

For configuration examples, see the "Example: Configuring Cisco Jabber Windows Client" section.

That is a very obscure configuration. Essentially what it is stating is that you can have both CUPS/IM&P deployed but have the softphone register to a separate CME router and not CUCM. The CUPS/IM&P product is dependant upon CUCM's database though so you still need to install it and integrate CUPS/IM&P to it.

If you only need softphone then follow my phone mode statement above. If you want IM&P functionality, you will need to install both CUCM and CUPS/IM&P.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: