cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows and Iphone

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

We are running Jabber on cucm 9.1 WE use microsoft RDS and all works fine locally. users can sign in with their AD account and see their presence, use their deskphone and receive email. that works on both the windows and Iphone clients.

When they are logging in via a anyconnect VPN however. the im and presence shows no status for anyone, even though they are logged in but the phone and vociemail is fine, calls can be made and received. The ASA is not blocking anything so not sure where to start with this one

3 Replies 3

did you configure BDI config in the jabber-config.xml file and upload that to the cucm and do you have UC service and profiles assigned to the end user?

Best Regards

BDI config in the Jabber-config file ? I have not read anywhere that is required.  Is this for  Smartphones only?

I did have a uc service profile for directory, but had to delte it as it stopped Jabber for windows from getting directory information. Jabber for windows is using auto find in the catalog server

I just did a full deployment for jabber 4 windows iphone, ipad and android and to get my presence status working as well as photos shown and directory searches I had to make use of the BDI config in my jabber-config.xml file on the cucm as well as the UC services on the cucm and mine is working 100%.

That is all why I am asking.

Best Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: