cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Can't dial external numbers

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

Due to having to dial a 9 for external calls, Jabber is unable to make external calls. Does anyone know how to force the Jabber client to use a 9?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not following here, you can dial 9 plus any number in J4W, on that regards, it's no different from any hard phone, CSS and partitions define what you can dial and reach.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm referring to click to call. For example a user has a cell phone or an external user has an office phone. When I click to call it fails. I can type a full number with 9 in the top jabber bar and it's fine.

Configure application dial rules to add the 9 or whatever digit manipulation you may need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If you're on CUCM 8.5 or lower (your post doesn't specify), Don't forget to run the Application Dial Rule COP file afterward to get the database records you created via /ccmadmin into an XML file on TFTP that Jabber can read.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4D2F1D0_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4D2F1D0_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0111.html#JABW_TK_P784100A_00