Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber for windows contact photo

Gowrishankar NC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

My jabber is having problem in fetching the contact photo from the AD.

The contact photos are available in outlook but my jabber is unable to fetch the same contact photos.

I have added below lines in jabber-config file. Please check and help.

<PhotoSource>thumbnailPhoto</PhotoSource>
<PhotoUriSubstitutionEnabled>true</PhotoUriSubstitutionEnabled>
<PhotoUriSubstitutionToken>sAMAccountName</PhotoUriSubstitutionToken

Regards,

Gowrishankar

7 Replies 7

krishnashk
Level 1
Level 1

HI 

can you share the jabber config xml file?

Jabber needs to have an web server hosting contact Photos, and same URL needs to be specified in jabber configuration file.

Thanks,

Amit

jalopera
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I have a similar problem ... I need to show the pictures of the contacts 365 OUTLOOK Business in the cloud in the Jabber client . OUTLOOK 365 users put their photo in the profile OUTLOOK 365 in the cloud, but not show me the picture.
I CUCM version 10.5 and Cisco Jabber clients have version 11.5.0 .
The problem is that not know I have to configure in the jabber -config.xml to point to OUTLOOK 365 in the cloud.
I hope your help.
Thank you.

did you ever get your jabber config file to grab profile picks from O365 account and not Active Directory?

@jalopera wrote:
Hello, I have a similar problem ... I need to show the pictures of the contacts 365 OUTLOOK Business in the cloud in the Jabber client . OUTLOOK 365 users put their photo in the profile OUTLOOK 365 in the cloud, but not show me the picture.
I CUCM version 10.5 and Cisco Jabber clients have version 11.5.0 .
The problem is that not know I have to configure in the jabber -config.xml to point to OUTLOOK 365 in the cloud.
I hope your help.
Thank you.

Has anyone got this to work with O365 in the cloud?

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

add the following to your jabber-config file:

<Directory>
   <PhotoSource>thumbnailPhoto</PhotoSource>
 </Directory>

Or you can test the attached one.

Thank you,

Shadi

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gowrishankar,

In order to use the "thumbnailPhoto" AD attribute for the contact photo, you must disable UDS in the service profile for the end user.

Can you please check in CUCM if you have a service profile configured "User Management > User Settings > Service Profile"?

If so, ensure that the "Use UDS for Contact Resolution" is UN-CHECKED. If it is checked, uncheck, save and reset your jabber client.

If you do not have any service profiles configured in CUCM, this response is not applicable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: