Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows directory service

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

i'm testing jabber for windows 9.0.1.8802 with CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26 and Presence 8.5.3.10000-59.

I've figured out how to configure the client to use the directory from CUCM (UDS mode) and how to retrieve the contact photos.

I've a strange behavior: i've few contacts on my list, if i right click a contact in my list there is not the option to call him, only chat. if i search the same contact in the search bar, then close the search result, when i right click on the contact i see the call option. This happen for all contacts. If i close the jabber client e open it again, the call option is disappeared and i must search again the contact in the search bar to be able to make calls.

Any idea for this behavior?

Another bad thing i've seen is that jabber can't use the webcam on my laptop while CUPC have not problem with it.On jabber i don't have to video option under file->options menu.

Regards,

26 Replies 26

I use CUCM version 8.5(1) and work, don't know if it work also with 7.1.

Can you tell me if you see the same behavior as described in my first post?

Regards,

Christian

Hi

I've not seen that particular directory issue.

Your vidoe issue sounds like you are in Desk Phone mode. A new 'feature' of Jabber is that it can only do video in 'softphone' mode (and even in that mode can't make a reliable video call to anything else with a Cisco logo on it that isn't another Jabber client).

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

i'm not talking about the video but about the contact list. When i add a contact i can see his telephone number and call him, if i close jabber and re-open, all contacts in my list have loose the telephone number information and i can't make call to them.

Christian

Hi Christian,

Is this reproducible for you all the time? I will suggest to open a TAC case for this. We have an existing defect with exact same symptoms except it was reported for cloud deployment (Webex server).

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

yes it happen all the times. The same happen with the new uc beta 9.0, so it's something about the jabber client.

I can't open a case, it is a lab installation.

Regards,

Christian

Hello Guys,

Can you help me out about the plugins for the jabber clients ? I suppose you  have minimum some kind off plugin for outlook or webbrowser ?

Kind regards,

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

Cisco Jabber for Windows supports click to calling using native Microsoft controls. We no longer use plugins.

Calling from Outlooks and Sharepoint is supported, other office applications do not have ClicktoCall support

We don't currently have browser plugins and these are not committed at this time.

Are you having any issues dialing from Outlook?

Regards,

Jas

Hello Jas,

I managed to get the basic jabber active but no idea how to call from outlook for example.

I can't find anything to setup a call .

In the deploy guide I can't find info either.

Can you advice ?

thx,

Kurt

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue on the Directory. I need to search that user again to get the "call" option. Please update if you got it solved.

Enoch

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad Apps

Hi Enoch,

i still am in the same situation.

Regards,

Christian

Mase4g638
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing and TAC is recommending me to reconfigure the .xml to EDI and BDI.  I have Jabber 10.5 and CUCM/CUP 8.6.  Thanks

Mason

Hi Mason,

from the jabber release notes:

Cisco Jabber supports UDS using the following Cisco Unified Communications Manager versions:
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 9.1(2) or later with the following COP
file:cmterm-cucm-uds-912-5.cop.sgn.
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 10.0(1). No COP file is required.

The problem with UDS and CUCM 8.6 it is because UDS is not supported with CUCM 8.6.

Regards,

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: