Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

Jabber for Windows extend and connect CTI remote device remote destination problem (Jabber in phone-only mode)

Hi there,

I've configured Cisco Jabber for Windows in phone-only mode, according to the Cisco docs.  Desk phone control and softphone capability work as expected.  I'm trying to get the Extend and Connect feature going.  I've set up a CTI remote device according to the instructions, assigned all the required owner and controlled device settings.  After configuring the CTI remote device I see the new option in Jabber:  Use other number for calls.

The problem is I'm not consistently able to create or change the remote destination from the Jabber client.  I created a remote destination in CUCM, that seemed to work ok, but I'm looking at the mobile worker scenario for people with other phone clients, and I need them to be able to set the remote destination themselves.

When I add a new number in Jabber, it says "Setting phone", gives no error message, and then I see the Extend and Connect remote device icon showing with a red X beside it.  It did work once, and deleting the JabberRD device if I create it in CUCM works, so I'm sure my config is good.

CUCM version:  9.1.1.21009-1

Jabber version:  9.2.6

Anyone else have trouble with Extend and Connect RD creation from the Jabber client?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Jabber for Windows extend and connect CTI remote device remote d

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Jabber for Windows extend and connect CTI remote device remo

Replying to my own post (crickets around here... I guess it's the holidays...).  I upgraded to version 9.6.0 of the Jabber for Windows client.  Same problem.

More importantly, there IS an error thrown when I try to change the remote destination from Jabber.  "That number is already in use.  Add a different number".  The attached screenshot shows it:

The number is definitely, 100%, NOT in use as a remote destination or DN anywhere in the system.  I've tried all sorts of numbers (local, long distance, international), with and without a "9" in front for an outside number) and this error always shows up whether it's in use or not.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Bronze

Bronze

Paul:  you nailed it.  My ES hits that problem and changing the rerouting CSS resolved it.  I've been looking for bugs like that for the last couple weeks, but didn't hit on that one.  Thanks a million.

We're planning an upgrade out of ES hell to 9.1.2 in the next couple of weeks.  That should take care of it.

Have a good one,

Ryan

Bronze

No prob.  I am looking forward to that upgrade as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content