cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows High CPU Utilization

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing a few machines that when running Jabber for Windows 9.0.4 (as well as 9.0.3 and 9.0.2) that are experiencing 25% - 50% CPU utilization.  The only consistancy is that they are Dell Latitude E6520s with quad-core processors, however, I am running a Latitude E6520 with dual-quad cores and I never see so much as a spike on any of my cores.

Has anyone else experienced high CPU utilization, and if so is there a fix for it?

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is an open defect around the High CPU usage against Jabber for Windows.

CSCub23876 - Continuous spinning circle on Voicemail Options tab and High CPU usage

"Getting a continuous spinning circle on the voicemail, never able to connect to voicemail. The circle never times out, not allowing me to change settings ...."

Workaround: 

Delete the file C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\Voicemail\\ _uniqueIdentifiers

Fix is targeted for 9.1 release (towards the end of October). Can you check if the users with high CPU are hitting this bug? If above symptoms are not present, then please open a support case with Cisco TAC.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi,

I am having the same issue withy Jabber 4.8 on Win 7 64 bit on a new toshiba Z30 laptop

when lunching jabber it take almost 100% of CPU

I don't have this file on my laptop:C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\Voicemail\\ _uniqueIdentifiers

Any Idea

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: