Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows not search Outlook contacts

young.liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys ,

We have a client implemented Jabber (9.2.5) and Outlook 2010 integration. The issue now is contacts from Outlook are not searchable by Jabber. 

There is no globle jabber-config.xml in CUCM. I have deleted the local xml in C:\Users\ xxxx \AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config, also failed by adding the string below:

<Policies>

<enableLocalAddressBookSearch>true</enableLocalAddressBookSearch>

</Policies>

Any idea what the issue could be ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Young

5 Replies 5

Yves Velazco
Level 1
Level 1

We had this problem too.  The only approach to this is to have an IM Address associated with your Outlook contact and it could be a bogus entry such as user@im.bogus.com.  Not so intuitive, but it does work, hopefully Cisco can update their codes so that this is not a requirement in future releases.

Any resolution to this issue?  I have the same problem and I've added an IM address in the Outlook contact but that made no difference.  I still am unable to search for this Outlook contact within my Jabber for Windows 9.2.6 Build 17088 client.

Thanks!

Amir

Hi Amir,

Did you solve this problem? What's your Outlook version?

I have 2013 Home and Business and it simply doesn't work.

I have an open TAC case since last november.

Hi mflavio,

Did you got an answer from TAC about this problam ? I have the same problem at one of my customers office 2013 64 bit installed on windows 7 64bit. 

Everything has worked just great until one day it stops work.

When we try to delete the file from : C:\Users\ xxxx \AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config its working again until next time.

Thanks,

Liran.

nsn-amagruder
Level 5
Level 5

I had the exact same issues and TAC finally resolved this.  The resolution is posted here.  

http://www.nonstopnetworks.net/blog/?p=332

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: