Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows not showing called user photo in call window

Hi Experts of our lovely Jabber client,

My customer just asked me and I can not find any documentation on this why the called users' photo is only displaying briefly when you call him/her and not showing permantly when on just an audio call?

See attached screenshot please.

Best Regards
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Swathi Alagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Th reason this can happen is because of some transformation / translation of the called number.

What is the original number you dialed and what is the number of the called person in the Active directory.

Regards,

Swathi

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Swathi Alagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Th reason this can happen is because of some transformation / translation of the called number.

What is the original number you dialed and what is the number of the called person in the Active directory.

Regards,

Swathi

I dialled the number exactly as assigned in AD and when I have my Jabber4Win on PC control the phone shows briefly and then dissapears and when it is on desk phone control no phone shows.

Please ignore the screenshot I have added that was me dialling only 4 digits.

I have after your comment tested with the full AD number.

Best Regards

Hi,

You dialled the number as in AD but due to some transformation only 4 digits are being passed. Can you please explain the call flow?

Regards,

Swathi

I had to change all my line numbers on the UDP to match what we have in AD.

Thank you it is working now.

Best Regards

Hi ,

That was not necessary you can also use Directory look up rules.

I am glad that you were able to find the issue.

Regards,

Swathi

Hi Swathi,

I just want to add this function with the Directory look up rules to see the pictures in the Cisco Jabber call-window.

In LDAP the DN is configured as +49711555551234

The DN in CUCM in this example would be 1234.

My Directory look up rule looks like

Number Begins with: +4971155555

Number of Digits: 15

Total Digits to be removed: 11

After configured this rule the picture was shown for app. one second while calling and then disappeared.

What could be the problem that the picture in showing only for one second and then disappaer?

BR

Michael

Any quick hint on how one will do that?

If not just say www.google.com hehehehe

Best Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: