cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - not showing Email Icon

aslam.bajwa
Level 3
Level 3

i have CUCM 9x and CUP 9x , i can NOT see email (inbox icon ) on Jabber .

Please Advice .

3 Replies 3

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

your question is not really clear; though can you confirm the following;

-> what is the version of jabber for windows in use ?

-> Are you referring to the voicemail icon , if yes you will need to get the voicemail profile/ voicemail server and mailstore entry ( in 9.x and 10.x of im and presence server this would be termed as exchange ) though still you need to point to the IP address/FQDN of the unity connection server.

-> If this is not the case can you share any screen shot of what may be working for some one else in your team.

May be if you can elaborate the problem description a bit i can try to see what could be causing the issue here.

i hope this helps.

Hello amitk3 ,

i have attached the screen shot of jabber window.

Issue 1 , how to get Email Option on Jabber

Issue 2 , how to see  Coorporate Directory

-> In order to get the corporate directory; with the present release of jabber for windows you only have the option of EDI mode , you will need to configure a jabber-config.xml in order to get the EDI mode active and working; please find the instruction on how to create the EDI mode configured in jabber-config.xml using the following link;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_J6915A59_00_jabber-windows-server-setup/JABW_BK_J6915A59_00_jabber-windows-server-setup_chapter_00.html#JABW_TK_C9E8A470_00