Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber for Windows - Outlook Meeting integration issue/questions

Hi,

A couple of questions if anyone else has experienced or can answer:

1. When you turn on Jabber it appears in the trace file to create a transitionlist of meetings in your calendar for the next four hours. Eg if meeting 8-9 it will show 8:00 BUSY

9:00 FREE

and this works ok. This transitionlist also seems to update each time a status change occurs from what I have observed.

The problem we seem to have is if I open Jabber at 7.45am and have a meeting 8 - 9 then it shows "In a meeting", then if I create a meeting at 9.15am for 10am-10.30am, the meeting status does not change as it seems to operate of the four hour transitionlist. I have the setting in the CUPS server for exchange sync to happen every twenty minutes, but this does not seem to update.

I'm be focussing on the wrong area but basically not all calendar appt's update status in Jabber, especially the one's created within the four hour pperiod.

2. To have the presence status of a person in an Outlook email address field, do you need 2010 or does it work with prior versions, we currently operate 2003. I have configured the SIP component in AD, but no status or click to call facility from Outlook.

Thanks in advance

Mal

4 REPLIES

Hi Mal,

Thanks for your post. Issue (1) sounds like a configuration issue in your setup. Please open a TAC case for further assistance.

Regarding (2), Jabber for windows does noot support Office 2003. List of supported MS Office applications is listed in Jabber for Windows administration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01000.html#reference_AC2F9334FEC54DA98861EB52944C6F08

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi,

I have a similar setup but the Calendar integration is not working. Presence system troubleshooter tells me everything is working fine and have all the green tick. I am running on the latest Presence and Jabber for Windows client.

Anyone can shed some light?

Regards,

Andy

Super Bronze

Hi Andy

Similar, but completely different if you are saying that it doesn't work at all?

What have you done in terms of configuration so far?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It is working now, the sysadmin gave me a wrong password for the service account.

Thanks,

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies