cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Questions

chevymannie
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client and I've got it working for a test user in his environment and I have a few questions about it.

1. I've see quite a few references to customizing Jabber's functionality using the jabber-config.xml file.  My question is where do I find some sort of reference to customizing jabber using this file?  I've seen posts with xml code for things such as single sign on, but can't seem to find it on the site anywhere.  If I'm overlooking it I apologize.

2. How do you delete a user's custom status messages?  I can't seem to figure that part out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Chevy,

The last three custom status are retained for each presence state (Available, Away & Busy). Older custom status messages are therefore superseded by newer ones.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello chevymannie,

You can use the below guide for instructions on how to populate the jabber-config.xml file with various features you wish to enable:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0100.html#task_0873224812C048CA94DA286CD53F3FF6

Additinally,

if you are having problems with the Jabber client not loading the file, please refer to the below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0111.html#reference_469414347FE346518003A19C62BFA4A0

Regarding deleting custom status messages, can you please advise if you are wanting to remove the custom status messages you create or if you are wanting to remove custom status created by others?

Thanks solivarr.  I want to delete the custom statuses that I created.

Hey Chevy,

The last three custom status are retained for each presence state (Available, Away & Busy). Older custom status messages are therefore superseded by newer ones.

Hey Chevy,

To expand on Collin's reply, Jabber for windows currently does not provide a means of manually selecting a specific Custom Status and removing it. For Example, Available Status can save up to three Custom Status messages, when the fourth Custom Status message is added, the oldest custom status is removed. 

Hope this answers your question

Additinally, you can find more access to frequently asked questions in the below guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_faq.pdf

IE:)

Q. How does the clien tmaintain custom status messages?

A. Cisco Jabber for Windows maintains up to three custom status messages for each of the three system messages of Available, Away, and Do Not Disturb. Custom messages are maintained in chronological order; more recent messages overwriting older messages.

Thanks.  One more question.  I seem to have just noticed an issue to where calling from the client and from outlook both work fine in deskphone mode, but not in softphone mode.  Any ideas on that?

Hey Chevy,

Both options should work. There are no known issues with this.

If you use can make normal calls from Jabber then you should probably open a TAC case on this as it will require further investigation.

- Colin

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ability to delete custom presence status messages will be introduced in an upcoming release based on user feedback. Everything else will remain consistent for people who don't want to be bothered to manage custom status messages however.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

+1 for adding the feature to be able to remove custom status manually.

My current CUPC customers are used to it and have it documented on the end user guides they provide.

yes, this feature is desired by most of our customers!

the "workaround" to add three new custom presence stati to delete one older status is not very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: