Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest on iPhone 5c does not work

yellomello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We have deployed Jabber Guest within our company and it worked very well so far but recently we noticed that when an end user wants to start Jabber Guest App on iPhone 5c via the link in the Safari Browser, then the App tries to start but does shutdown automatically after not more than 1 second.

Unfortunately we see this issue only on iPhone 5c. We tested it with iOS version 9.2.1.
It does work on all other devices.

Does anybody has the same experience with iPhone 5c or can provide a fix for that?

Many thanks

Best Regards

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi it is an known issue (CDETS id: CSCuy11808), and will be fixed at late Feb in relate 10.6.10.

The issue will happen when your iOS device is upgraded to 9.2.1 and your device is 32bit  (for example, iPhone 5c, iPad 2 etc.). At the point of downloading Jabber iOS from AppStore on iOS 9.2.1, the binary is being sliced which caused this issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tim Grunwald
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just an addition to this issue which my colleague Michael alreday described...

When I start the Jabber Guest App on iPhone 5C without the redirection of a jabber guest call-link I get the "Welcome Screen". If I than select the "About"-Button the App crashes immeditately.

All logs on Expwy C & E and Jabber Guest Server are looking fine. Seems that this issue is related to the iPhone 5C. We tested with several iPhones (5C, 5S, 6, 6S). Only the iPhone 5C is experiencing this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards
Tim

Hi it is an known issue (CDETS id: CSCuy11808), and will be fixed at late Feb in relate 10.6.10.

The issue will happen when your iOS device is upgraded to 9.2.1 and your device is 32bit  (for example, iPhone 5c, iPad 2 etc.). At the point of downloading Jabber iOS from AppStore on iOS 9.2.1, the binary is being sliced which caused this issue.